Job Title: Celtic Cottage B&B Marketer and Host
Job Start: As soon as possible
Job Type: 1 year initially, part-time
A Room to Rent and a Job to be Done – Living and Working in the Beautiful Area of North Wales (Cynwyd near Llangollen)
We are looking for a person who would like to run a small bed and breakfast business in the North Wales area. The person will have to work independently and be very reliable and trustworthy.
The person will live in one part of the house and look after the guests staying in the remaining two bedrooms. For the right person, committed and prepared to work with enthusiasm, there will be considerable earning potential. And still you will have time to enjoy the beautiful area with its peace and tranquility.
The job will suit
- A single person, a dog would be no problem.
- A certain flexibility regarding working times is required, depending on the amount of bookings. All hours worked, will, of course, be paid for.
- Total honesty and reliability is an absolute must.
- A friendly nature and good communications skills are essential.
- The right person will enjoy getting to know new people.
- The person should be in possession of good housekeeping skills.
- Experience in the running of a B & B and/or the catering business would be an advantage.
- Marketing skills through the use of the Internet would be an advantage.
- Experience regarding handiwork is also a bonus
The duties will include:
- Running a B & B with maximum two rooms
- Keeping the house and garden clean and tidy
- Keep the house always aired throughout and heated as necessary
- Carrying out appropriate book keeping
- Participating in the marketing of the B & B (websites, social media)
- Communicating regularly with the management respectively the owners of the house
- Communicating with the farmer who maintains the adjoining field in order to carry out one or two events per year
Initially the duties would consist of being involved in setting up the small business.
Job Payment and Benefits:
This job provides living accommodation in a beautiful setting and a considerable earning potential (commission based). Payment is 10 pounds per hour after 20 working hours per month which cover the rent. The number of hours worked depend on the bookings. Therefore it is essential that the successful candidate also has another independent source of income to start. The employee and tenant is responsible for the upkeep and maintaining of the house and garden as well as providing hosting and marketing services for the B&B.
Languages required: Minimum English
Please send your CV and letter of application to Dr. Christiane Ulmer-Leahey at email@example.com